Canoe Assembler APPLY NOW
Under general supervision, sets up and operates various types of canoe assembly and performs one or more operations of varying degrees of complexity or design, to include: Cut, shape and join timbers or assemble pre-cut timer pieces for canoe production; using hand and power tools; assemble prefabricated parts and sections of carbon fiber, metal or other material to form complete canoe; caulk decks and hulls using caulking gun; install trims, rudders, seats, and other accessories using hand tools; may repair canoes; inspect assembled canoes for defects and conformance to quality standards; mark defects to be repaired; and make minor adjustments and repairs; and similar production machinery operations. NOTE: Some Canoe Assemblers may require close supervision, accommodation, and/or job modification.
1. Sets up and performs varying degrees of canoe operations as assigned and required by product line operations; may be asked to perform minor set-up and./or adjustments to assembly or production;
2. Responsible for monitoring work quality of the items produced and for promptly reporting work quality issues to the supervisor or management;
3. Responsible for following assembly/work operation procedures to ensure quality work and product; reports quality issues immediately to minimize rework and downtime;
4. Must be able to adhere to and follow all safety procedures, i.e., lock-out/tag-out; report safety concerns, use appropriate PPE as required, and follow similar safety practices.
5. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or equivalent and three to six months experience working in an industrial/business/canoe production setting is desirable; may require the use of measuring instruments and the ability to set up the canoe assembly production area for work operations.|||La Crosse, WI|||||||||7cYgG6oI1444U4bB|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||