Quality Control Operator APPLY NOW
Responsible for the inspection of material and product inspection that is manufactured, repaired, or removed from operations; determines quality and serviceability of work in process and/or quality of final product; performs lot inspections; assists with cutting room operations as needed to include some labeling and shipping government contracts.
1. Certifies, via signature, stamp, or other documented means, that work on the product was carried out in accordance with manufacturing specifications; inspector’s signature/stamp indicates that he/she has inspected the part and found it to meet the requirements of approved customer/manufacturer’s specifications, work order and/or other specifications as applicable;
2. Coordinates with production regarding technical processes in the repair or fabrication of work-in-process or final product; may perform 100% or sampling inspections;
3. Responsible for compliance with the requirements of manufacturing specifications of the product; inspects to ensure that product specifications and requirements are met; inspects according to the established procedure and maintains verifiable data and records relative to inspections;
4. May perform laboratory testing on products and materials; follows established quality inspection procedures and specifications/directions; may test product for defects such as leaks, stitching, and tear; may be requested to train inspectors on inspection specifications/techniques on material and/or products;
5. Responsible for having and maintaining a thorough understanding of the required functions and specifications applicable to each product relative to its material, repair and/or production;
6. Assists with cutting room operations for production and some DOD labeling and shipping responsibilities;
7. Complies with and enforces all applicable EHS rules and regulations; must adhere to and follow all safety procedures, i.e., lock-out/tag-out; report safety concerns and use appropriate PPE as required;
8. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with one (1) to three (3) years experience in performing inspection responsibilities or work associated with sewing or manufacturing operations; preferred Associated degree in manufacturing environment; quality control experience desire; fabric cutting operations desire; will provide internal training as needed; may require the ability to communicate effectively in Spanish (TX).